More About Me
Janet Joosten Psychotherapist
UKCP Registered (United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapists), Professional Member of the Society for Existential Analysis.
- Registered Psychotherapist
- Qualified Cognitive Behavioural Therapist
- Qualified Integrative Counsellor
- Existential Psychotherapist
- Solutions Focussed Brief Therapy.
bupa insured and registered.
Although my core orientation is Existential, I am also a qualified Integrative counsellor. This means that I am able to include aspects of therapy from a number of theoretical orientations:
- Solutions Focused
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- CBT coaching
- Time Limited Existential Therapy.
Qualifications & Training
- BA (Hons) Psych
- Dip. Psych
- Foundation Certificate in Psychotherapy and Counselling
- Post Graduate Diploma Psychotherapy and Counselling (Regents College London);
- Adv.Dip. Existential Psychotherapy (Regents College London);
- Post Graduate Diploma Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
- Diploma Life Coaching
- Advanced Diploma Person centred couples counselling.
- CBT Certificate for Eating Disorders.
I never think; how can I treat, change or cure a client, but how can I develop a therapeutic relationship with this individual for them to use for personal growth and development. I feel the best way to work multi-culturally and to ensure the incorporation of a non-discriminatory approach into my practice is to work within the code of ethics of all counsellors, according to the UKCP anti-discriminatory practice.
I work within the UKCP (United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy). I am closely bound and accountable to their codes of ethics and practice. Copies can be obtained on request. I undertake regular supervision for my work, subject to the code of ethics.